Re: [wgo] Skin work

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 11:50 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> First issue is that I'm trying to develop a consistent GNOME branding
> scheme

Right, but maybe it would be easier to find first a solution for the
complex issue we have in wgo and then apply it to the paperwork, where
we have almost no constraints, nor history.

> Second issue is the same as what Joachim brings up - we want people to
> be able to jump to gnome.org from any part of the site, but each part of
> the site also needs something to identify it right?

Yes, this is what happens at http://guadec.org . We need that small
GNOME logo in the general bar shared by all the GNOME subsites. What I'm
suggesting is that wgo the big GNOME logo overlaps the small, showing
only one. The rest of subsites wouldn't have overlapping, only wgo.

> We could do a little small gnome logo on all sites but the main page.
> These non-main-page sites can also have a logo corresponding to what
> they're about. And on the main page just have the large GNOME logo.

Right, we are suggesting almost the same. In your case browsing through
subsites you would see always the small GNOME logo, that would disappear
when hitting wgo. In my case you would see always the small GNOME
logo... that would grow becoming the king size GNOME logo for wgo.

So I guess we are getting to aesthetic differences, which is good
because it means we have left the conceptual differences behind.  ;)
Maybe you want to make a mockup with each variation and we choose one?