Re: Chinese Localized GNOME Support

ÔÚ 2006-05-18ËÄµÄ 19:43 -0700£¬Andy TaiдµÀ£º
> Your content is specific to the Chinese mainland.  That should be
> clearly noted if the GNOME website references your site, or the
> content should be customizable to traditional Chinese as used in
> Taiwan and Hong Kong.  The logo is also mainland-centric and not
> catering to the whole China.

First of all, "Chinese" in "Chinese GNOME portal site" means not only
Simplified Chinese for mainlad, but also include Traditional Chinese for
Hong Kong and TaiWan.

Our's web is base on Plone [1], it's an international CMS, supports more
than 50 language, certainly include zh_CN and zh_TW, so the interface
will respect user's browser languange.

Our's content was write by respective user, He/She should write it in
Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese, even any other language which
he/she likes. and the Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese content
can be translated by a Firefox extension called "Tong wen tang" [2]
automaticly. however, Most China can read Simplified Chinese and
Traditional Chinese in the same time. so the content is not specifice to
the Chinese mainland. It is  NOT restricted for any people founding a
gnome.org.tw specific to the Traditional Chinese user.

anyway, there are many localized community web site in
Simplified/Traditional Chinese and all of us still like them, e.g:
http://www.debian.org.cn/ http://www.debian.org.tw/
http://www.debian.org.hk/ ; http://www.ubuntu.org.cn/
http://www.ubuntu.org.tw/ , How about that?

[1] http://www.plone.org
[2] http://rt.openfoundry.org/Foundry/Project/Download/?Queue=333

--
Yang Hong
Linux R&D Center Software Engineer

E-MAIL: yanghong ccoss com cn
TEL:  +86 10 82357030 - 275
FAX:  +86 10 82357016

Beijing Co-Create Open Source Software Co.,Ltd.
Add: Room 609 Quantum Ginza Building No.23 Zhi Chun Road Haidian
District, Beijing
P.C: 100083

Http://www.Co-Create.com.cn