Re: Header links and developer tools tab bar [Was: LXR link error]

<quote who="James Henstridge">

> > FOOT
> > FOOT
> > FOOT  About GNOME * Download * Users * Developers * Foundation * Contact
> >                ___________ ______ __________ _________
> > ______________| developer | wiki | bugzilla | viewcvs |_________________
> >

> >Like this. What do you think?
>
> Sounds interesting.  I'm not sure how well tabs would fit here though.
> How about another row of links-with-dots-between?

See, I think the tabs really give that sense of integrated toolkit. Maybe
I'm on crack, but I'd definitely like to try it. ;-) One thing we could do
is use a different background colour behind the header and tabs, so the rest
of the page is white, and very obviously related to the selected tab.

> One other thing that would be worth doing would be to centralise the
> storage of these common page elements.

> It'd be nice if all the pages were referencing one copy, perhaps with a
> second stylesheet shared by "user" sites and another for "developer" sites
> that might do something like changing the header image.

Agree, we should work towards having everything use w.g.o/default.css, and
add d.g.o/developer.css for the common header changes across the developer
sites.

gnome.conf.au 2005: April 19th            http://live.gnome.org/Canberra2005

   He'd never undressed a woman with his eyes. Perhaps army boots, school
                uniform, or a nightie, but never undressed.