Re: Header links and developer tools tab bar [Was: LXR link error]

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="James Henstridge">

FOOT
FOOT
FOOT  About GNOME * Download * Users * Developers * Foundation * Contact
              ___________ ______ __________ _________
______________| developer | wiki | bugzilla | viewcvs |_________________

Like this. What do you think?
Sounds interesting. I'm not sure how well tabs would fit here though. How about another row of links-with-dots-between?

See, I think the tabs really give that sense of integrated toolkit. Maybe
I'm on crack, but I'd definitely like to try it. ;-) One thing we could do
is use a different background colour behind the header and tabs, so the rest
of the page is white, and very obviously related to the selected tab.
Here is a simple mock-up of how the tabs might look:
   http://www.gnome.org/~jamesh/devel-tabs.html

This is just a simple modification of the Plone global nav CSS, so should work fairly well with a large range of browsers.

The main changes I made were:

   * round the top left/right corners of the tabs (only works with
     Mozilla though)
   * centre the tabs, like in the above mock-up
   * make the selected tab merge in with the content below, rather than
     having a bar below the tabs like on most plone sites.

It still looks a little busy, so maybe could use a few more changes.

James.