Re: Header links and developer tools tab bar [Was: LXR link error]

Jeff Waugh wrote:

Example:

 FOOT
 FOOT
 FOOT  About GNOME * Download * Users * Developers * Foundation * Contact
                ___________ ______ __________ _________
 ______________| developer | wiki | bugzilla | viewcvs |_________________

Like this. What do you think?
Sounds interesting. I'm not sure how well tabs would fit here though. How about another row of links-with-dots-between?

One other thing that would be worth doing would be to centralise the storage of these common page elements. Currently I can see the following copies of the default.css style file referenced in various places:

   * http://www.gnome.org/default.css
   * http://developer.gnome.org/default.css
   * http://bugzilla.gnome.org/images/default.css
   * http://cvs.gnome.org/default.css

(foundation.gnome.org uses the www.gnome.org copy, and art.gnome.org has a custom version loosely based on it). Similarly, there are a fair number of copies of the various header images.

It'd be nice if all the pages were referencing one copy, perhaps with a second stylesheet shared by "user" sites and another for "developer" sites that might do something like changing the header image. This would make it much easier to make site-wide changes (eg. if we wanted some variety in the header images every now and again).

James.