Re: Serving localized gnome.org

<quote who="Reinout van Schouwen">

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Francesco Levorato wrote:
>
> >So I am "anxiously" waiting for this branch to happen, to start working
> >with the new xml2po. I will keep this list informed under the thread [2].
>
> So in effect, it would be wiser to wait for this to happen than to try and
> implement a short term solution using PHP and gettext?

We're better off using Apache content negotiation across the board, which we
can use with pretty much any sane content. The hard part is working the
translation generation into the website build system, and keeping the
website sane for translators. That's a lot of planning, changing and work.

GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

                   No match for "LINUSWEARSTHEPANTS.ORG".