Annotated online documentation

I think it would be nifty if people could add comments to the online
documentation. Obviously we'd rather have patches to the
documentation/source, put people don't often go to that trouble after
they have discovered something - they need code changes to be submitted
but documentation changes are not essential to them personally. However,
they'll make comments immediately if it's easy, and maintainers can then
make their own changes.

One gtkmm user suggested phpnotes, which you can see demoed here:
http://www.murrayc.com/temp/gtkmm_book_with_comments/html/ch13s02.php

It was very easy to add the php code to the html with xsl:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=37773&action=view

It's the first time I've heard of it, and I don't know about any similar
systems. I have the usual dislike php. Any thoughts?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com