Re: Prototyping wgo localisation

En/na Vincent Untz ha escrit:

>  * it's not working the way translators usually work (no .po file), but
> that might not be a big deal

I think we need to make a distinction between software development and
web publishing.

The translators used to work with po files are the software translators.
Normal translators are used to work with normal text. With rich text
enabled you can show them screens with no code, only text to translate
(for the average HTML page).

In the same way that marketing people can approach better wgo editing
tasks if cvs is not needed, perhaps we could get other translators
contributors if they can avoid gettext.

>  * is there a page listing the translation status of all pages? This is
> definitely needed

No, as far as I know. It shouldn't be difficult to hack this, though. My
point is, if this is definitely needed you will need to pick an
application that already does this or you will need to hack the
application you will choose. I rather send a patch to the i18n module
developer with the new functionality, or at least request the new feature.

>  * the real problem: if I translate a page and then modify the original
> english page, I have no way to find out that the translation needs to be
> updated. Or did I miss something?

I have submitted a RFE precisely covering your concern:
http://drupal.org/node/42666  :)

Out of the i18n module, there is a possibility to subscribe to pages.
Everytime a page is updated you would get an email. To start with, we
could set subscriptions in all the main English pages to be sent to the
web translation team. There is a Diff module to show changes between
versions in the diff way: http://drupal.org/project/diff

> We probably need some guidelines for this: where to create locale pages,

If we start new dynamics we need new guidelines of course.

> I'm not sure what's the problem with feeds & blogs, but I know that we
> probably want per-languages forums :-)

This can be done.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org