Re: Drupal as candidate to be challenged

Hi, Vincent!

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:19:27 +0100
Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le jeudi 29 décembre 2005 à 17:12 +0100, Claus Schwarm a écrit :
>
> > I do have a few concerns! Maybe I just miss a few things. However:
>
> A lot of your concerns are about the current status of the test website,
> but not about drupal. I think we should keep in mind that the test
> website is not complete :-)

Yes, I know. Certainly, Quim does a great job in testing Drupal
(although I wish he would document the progress in a wiki page).

I wrote the remarks because it's easy to overlook something given the
size of the website. I'm sure many people here could add many more
detailed questions. However, we all know that Drupal is able to handle
a website just fine if used since the beginning. That's not the
question.

[snip]

> :-)
> I'm not sure that drupal is the way to go. It might be or it might not
> be. But since I don't have time to look for a better solution, I'm happy
> to see things moving forward :-)

I agree it's nice to see things moving -- I'm just sceptical about the
'forward' part. ;-)

The current way is not bad by definition; it's a mess but it works. But
we could do lots of stuff before we *really* need to change its backend
completely, IMHO.

However, if we agree on a change: Why not make it a proper pitch? Say
the BoD determines a date in two month, and then decides which test
implementation is indeed the best one? I'm not sure if that would work,
but it might be worth a try.

Cheers,
Claus