Re: main page

Thomas Wood said:
>> IMveryHO GNOME should not get into this games, as the international and
>> multicultural project that is. Christmas is an originally Christian
>> celebration convered into a huge ad campaign that might get confused as
>> a global phenomenon but it's not.
> That's why I suggested "Seasons Greetings" rather than "Merry Christmas".
> However, I understand these concerns, so perhaps instead the next splash
> could be an internationalisation one, to celebrate GNOME's multicultural
> outreach. :-)

We just missed World AIDS Day yesterday, would have been a great time to
align ourselves with a true multicultural outreach, including everyone
from Whoopi to Tom Hanks to Nelson Mandella... Yes, folks, we all have
AIDS. -http://www.weallhaveaids.com/

Or maybe not. Using GNOME for social good campaigns (beyond delivering an
awesome desktop) is always bound to be a double edged sword... I never
really cared for the blackout and anti-patent-in-europe campaigns myself.

-Richard Hoelscher
http://rahga.com/svg/