Re: main page

En/na Thomas Wood ha escrit:

> Here's an idea though.. Would anyone object to a "Seasons Greetings"
> splash?

Although I see the good aim and will in this idea...

IMveryHO GNOME should not get into this games, as the international and
multicultural project that is. Christmas is an originally Christian
celebration convered into a huge ad campaign that might get confused as
a global phenomenon but it's not.

Since GNOME don't pretend to show a Christian background, nor to promote
consumerism campaigns, nor show a preference for some parts of the
World, I would just let this event pass.

Not to talk about the fact that Christmas is not a free software related
topic.

Also as an excersise, would gnome.org have a banner in the homepage
greeting season in times of Ramadan? Or celebrating China's new year? Or
the Football World Cup?   :)

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org