Gnome Website Search Demo

I've been playing around with Plucene (the perl port of Lucene, which is
the same indexer that beagle uses). I've set up a little demo. I
basically screen scraped symbols from the API docs and imported that
last months worth of mailing list data. Right now it's not terribly
smart, especially if you use it to just do a straight up symbol lookup,
which would be much better served by a simple hash lookup, but that's a
matter for further work.

There's a demo up at:
http://mike.axl.net/projects/gnome-web/search/

If for some reason you cannot resolve mike.axl.net (as it has been
having dns issues) you can add europa.axl.net or 216.66.11.100 to your /
etc/resolv.conf and it should resolve.

I plan to continue working on it and hope to be able to create a general
searching solution for the gnome web site built on this. Does anyone
know the feasibility of setting this up should it get good enough for
general usage?

-- Michael