Re: Seperating Content from code, and making it transparent

Quoting Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>:
> > So the question remains.  Who's hacking up something for the main w.g.o
> > site?  When will you have something to share?
>
> No one is actively hacking on something that would be committed to CVS.
> We're researching and answering some basic questions about implementation
> at the moment.

Can you be more specific?  Who is investigating what?  What can I do to help?

> > Sorry - just been waiting for momentum to build and now that it has I want
> > see stuff happenning.
>
> Stuff is happening - it may not be "code in CVS right now", but building a
> site of this magnitude requires some careful thought about implementation
> and construction, especially when you have a number of crucial requirements
> such as i18n, etc.

I understand and agree.  I know we can't cut code on day 1.  But at some point
of time we do need to firm the strategy, prototype up to see that our strategy
is feasible and then start doing the site.  I just want to get past the first
step :-)

> Be excited, but be prepared to do the hard yards first.

As long as we get to the hard yards and don't spend too long doing the hard
inches :-)

Michael...
--
michaeld senet com au