Re: Continued template refinements

On Sat, 2001-10-20 at 08:53, digitect mindspring com wrote:
> More template refinements. The now single HTML template uses JavaScript
> to (very basically) detect the browser and deliver the appropriate CSS
> (it should look right for you if you use Mozilla, NS4 or IE5+.):
>
> http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/3-0-1.html
>
> Also added a search form in the sidebar.
>
> As a side note, I have somehow managed to completely straighten out the
> Netscape 4 template as you can see in this screenshot:
>
> http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/img/3-0-1-ss-windows-ns-4-7
> .png
>
> I have absolutely no idea how this happened or why it works, but it
> does. (And I am still not addicted.)

Steve, this kicks total ass. Especially so considering the problems I
had myself with turning this into a nice template after I mocked up the
design.

Even though I don't usually like textured backgrounds, I like the slight
GNOME foot background in the sidebar, a nice homage to the original
site, and is nice and subtle.

I'm uncertain about the pink in the headline sidebar, perhaps it should
be gray/beige instead?

--
 Joakim Ziegler - Ximian Engineer - joakim ximian com - Radagast IRC
FIX sysop - Free Software Coder - Writer - FIDEL & Conglomerate hacker