Re: My stab at the templates

On 20 Jun 2001 22:50:15 -0500, Steve Fox wrote:
> On 20 Jun 2001 11:10:59 -0500, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

>> I haven't looked a lot at Fabric, really, but in general, it seems to be
>> common sense to go with the most known, most used solution. While I'm
>> sure Fabric isn't as misdesigned and evil as WML is, I suspect it's
>> similarly unknown to people who might want to hack on the site, and
>> that's a major obstacle.

> I agree that any learning of new system will be an obsticle. To avoid
> the site getting crusty as it currently is, something with as many users
> as PHP is a great choice. So that's my vote (obviously), but then again
> we do need a good translation system (which I know nothing about).

> Joakim, I'm wondering if we need a benevolent dictator to make the call
> on this? I have a feeling we could debate it for all eternity.

I could make the call, but I get the feeling that most people around
here default to PHP, and that's what people who have actually been doing
template beginnings have been using. So unless a strong group of people
who want to use something else shows up and starts doing work in that
language/system at an astonishing pace, it seems to me that PHP it is.

--
   Joakim Ziegler - Ximian Web Monkey - joakim ximian com - Radagast IRC
 FIX sysop - Free Software Coder - Writer - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer