Re: My stab at the templates

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 02:00:24AM -0500, Steve Fox wrote:

> Anyways, you can grab the code at
>
> http://foxhut.org/gnomeweb.tar.gz
>
> It ain't much, and I'm hadn't even considering translation stuff yet,
> but I just want to get the ball rolling...my fingers are getting itchy
> :)
>
> Constructive criticism welcome.

I know PHP has been stated time and time again as the preferred
choice, but I must point out that it really doesn't look too
maintainable when you start to discuss serious themability and
especially multi-lingual sites.

My solution to this problem:

  http://www.eventloop.com/fabric/

It works extremely well in the theme and multi-lingual areas.  And
there is *total* seperation between code and templates, which makes
it really easy to let translators edit text without the need for
digging through code or other methodologies.

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson eventloop com
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking