Re: My stab at the templates

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 02:00:24AM -0500, Steve Fox wrote:
> Anyways, you can grab the code at
> It ain't much, and I'm hadn't even considering translation stuff yet,
> but I just want to get the ball fingers are getting itchy
> :)
> Constructive criticism welcome.

I know PHP has been stated time and time again as the preferred
choice, but I must point out that it really doesn't look too
maintainable when you start to discuss serious themability and
especially multi-lingual sites.

My solution to this problem:

It works extremely well in the theme and multi-lingual areas.  And
there is *total* seperation between code and templates, which makes
it really easy to let translators edit text without the need for
digging through code or other methodologies.

Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson eventloop com
Research and Development
EventLoop, Inc.                         (651) 999-0130

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking