Re: Replacing Squishdot

On 27 Aug 2001 22:13:13 +0200, Christian Schaller wrote:
> Well I think we should be practical about this and the fact is that
even
> if there has been a lot of discussion the new PHP based website is just
> screenshots for now as far as I can see. So I would think that
> discussing changing the brand of the tires is not very fruitfull when
> the engine is still missing.

I guess technically it is only screenshots since there is no live demo,
but I do have the HTML (2 versions: CSS and tables) from Joakim now. So
once I get done with the new software map, I will begin hacking
feverishly on the new site templates.

> And that gets us back to the a core problem here, the extreme difficulty
> of getting these people the accounts they need in order to successfully
> complete their tasks. AFAIK Steve Fox has managed to get the right
> accounts set up for himself, but he is also the only one.

Actually, I only have CVS access right now. I'm getting semi-close to
having the Software Map done though so I'll need to start pestering
people about the proper logins soon. I guess I never really did
introduce myself when this list was revived, so let me know if you want
a quick bio :)

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org