Re: Replacing Squishdot

On Mon, 2001-08-27 at 13:13, Christian Schaller wrote:

> Well I think we should be practical about this and the fact is that even
> if there has been a lot of discussion the new PHP based website is just
> screenshots for now as far as I can see. So I would think that
> discussing changing the brand of the tires is not very fruitfull when
> the engine is still missing.

Hmm. I was under the impresion that some progress had been made. I guess
I didn't follow the list as closely as I thought.

> As for Gnotices, well if Michael is willing to maintain and fix the
> current setup I think we should keep it, if Michael can fix the
> moderation setup and get Gnotices integrated with the new Trove software
> map when Steve has that ready and over time add the other features I
> asked for then I think we have no reason to change to another
> technology.
> [snip]
> And that gets us back to the a core problem here, the extreme difficulty
> of getting these people the accounts they need in order to successfully
> complete their tasks. [snip]

If someone could simply give me a Zope user account with the 'Manager'
role on the server, then I could get started familiarizing myself with
your current setup and tweaking it, even without a system account and
access.

Who currently has manager access to the news.gnome.org Zope install?

Michael Bernstein.