Re: Website ideas

> Ryan Muldoon wrote:
>
> > > I would choose not to include 'normal' gtk-only software any more. This
> > > will probably be not so nice for those that currently announce their
> > > software on gtk.org. A quick look at www.gtk.org/apps shows that a lot of
> > > the software there is old (1999 or earlier), and that most of the newer
> > > software has at least optional gnome support. I think it is better to have
> > > a high quality list with only robust and/or actively being developed
> > > software then a list with outdated software and broken links.
> > >
> > we definitely need gtk software too.......just include it in a gtk listing, not
> > in a gnome listing.
>
> I think keeping GTK stuff out of the GNOME listing is silly, bordering
> on
> insane. I don't see how it helps the end user at all. Firstly two parts
> of
> the GNOME office are pretty much GTK apps (GIMP and Dia). Where would we
> be
> without The GIMP? Secondly there must be loads of little applications
> where
> GTK+ is a perfectly appropriate choice.

I was not suggesting this to slight GTK+ programs in any way.  However, there
are a fair number of people who consider GNOME to be complete bloat, and only
want to use GTK+ applications.  It is only fair to allow them to find them
easily.  If I'm a windows GIMP user, I am not going to want to look at GNOME
apps.

    --Ryan