Re: Website ideas

> Ryan Muldoon <rpmuldoon students wisc edu> wrote:
> > In my last email I proposed an initial structure
> > proposal, and was hoping that it would foster some discussion, but so
> far,
> > there haven't been any comments..
>
> I was waiting for the list to calm down a bit, but now I see that this will
> probably take a few weeks :-)
>
> I think you have a nice, comprehensible structure worked out. A few
> comments:
>
> > -->new gtk software (?)
>
> I would choose not to include 'normal' gtk-only software any more. This
> will probably be not so nice for those that currently announce their
> software on gtk.org. A quick look at www.gtk.org/apps shows that a lot of
> the software there is old (1999 or earlier), and that most of the newer
> software has at least optional gnome support. I think it is better to have
> a high quality list with only robust and/or actively being developed
> software then a list with outdated software and broken links.

we definitely need gtk software too.......just include it in a gtk listing, not
in a gnome listing.

> > -->translation info
>
> How about translation.gnome.org or internationalization.gnome.org (or is it
> with a s?) or something like that? I think internationalization is
> important enough to have it's own section.

Although I agree translation/localization is important, the same case can be
made for the documentation project, the UI hitsquad, etc.  But they all are
projects under the GNOME umbrella.  So I think that it makes sense for all of
them to stay under projects.gnome.org

--Ryan