Re: Time to pick a leader?

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 12:43:55AM -0600, Steve Fox wrote:
> Joshua Eichorn wrote:
>> michaeld senet com au wrote:

>>> Agreed - Joakim has been very helpful to me personally.  He knows the current
>>> web site(s).  He's employed by Helix to do web stuff.  I'd hate to see him not
>>> head up this effort...

>> I agree with both of you, I just want to make sure, everyone understands
>> where things stand.  I would also like it a little more formal so
>> someone new joining the list had an idea of were things stand.

> But what about sub-groups like Translation team, design team, code team?
> If Joakim is doing this in his spare time, I will guess that he's going
> to want organizational help. Right Joakim? :0)

Definitely.

For this sort of work, though, a meritocracy tends to work pretty well (it's
how the GNOME project has been doing things for ages, after all), so I don't
think we're in a big hurry to choose people to head up the different parts of
the effort. Where leaders are needed, they'll emerge naturally.

By the way, I'm hoping specifically translation will be headed up by people
who are currently on the GNOME translation team. I know there are several of
them on this list, and it would be great if web site translation could be
considered a translation task along with application translations.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer