Re: Integrating 'G' Web Sites

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 07:33:21PM +0300, Cleber Rodrigues Rosa Junior wrote:

> I think putting all this under gnome.org's umbrella would encounter
> some resistance. The arguments and reasons could be of the kind:
> 'Gnome was born from Gtk, not the other way around!' or
> 'Gnome people didn't write Gimp!'. Not that I agree with them but
> I believe they would come up and stand.

> What do you think of something like www.gworld.org or www.gfamily.org
> (or some other name) that would glue them all together?

> I think this would more easily identify the boundaries of each project
> and the way they play together. Besides stressing our roots (GNU, in
> case you'd forgot :)

> What do you guys think???

I think it's a good idea, but it's somewhat outside of the scope of what
we're trying to do here. We're here to make a new set of sites for GNOME and
GTK. However, I like the idea a lot. Why don't we do an excellent job of
creating the GNOME and GTK sites, and then expand the concept, offering to
work on integrating stuff like gnu.org, pango.org, etc.?

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer