Re: Languages and backends.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 09:05:26PM -0600, Shawn T Amundson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 09:03:36PM -0600, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

>> www.gtk.org (?):

>> Shawn, could you enlighten us as to what www.gtk.org uses to store and
>> generate its content?
>>

> Simple server-side includes.  Some custom scripts that run via cron,
> written in perl I think.

Sounds trivial to move to whatever we end up with, if we should want to.

>> Now, what we're looking at is to try to unify these sites as much as
>> possible, both design, generation and maintenance wise (with the possible
>> exception of www.gtk.org, I'm still a little unclear as to the level of
>> integration the GTK+ people want. Once again, it'd be good to get some more
>> info). The ideal situation would be to settle on one scripting/generation
>> language, one way to generate everything, etc., and have this one unified
>> model be simple for people to set up and develop for.

> I would like www.gtk.org to be fully integrated by this web team such
> that it is maintained along side the other sites.

Ok, that sounds good. Would you like a rework of the design and page layout
as well? Would you prefer if it remained visually and navigationally distinct
from the GNOME sites, or would you like that to be unified?

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer