Re: Navigation Proposal

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 09:25:22AM -0800, Mark Koopman wrote:
> Michel Martens wrote:

>> Couldn't we get access to the logs of www.gnome.org? I think it could be a
>> good starting point to see what are the visitors requesting. That will give
>> us the big picture of what is important for the users and will give us a
>> good idea of how we could arrange the site's navigation structure to meet
>> their requirements.

> and for the new site, (this might sound a bit egotistic), i recommend we
> install a HitBox counter, get.hitbox.com.   It's put out by the company
> work for, WebSideStory.  the counter is trivial to integrate into a site
> and provides 24-7 real-time stats.  hey, i think we have site analysis
> down
> pat.  it's worth a thought and if anyone gives this more serious
> consideration,
> i'll see what i can do as far as having an Account donated to the
> project.

For the GNOME site to use a proprietary system like this, even if the license
was "donated" to the site, would be completely and utterly unthinkable. Free
your software, then we can talk.

I can't see how this is much more useful than webalizer anyway.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer