Re: Navigation Proposal

Joakim Ziegler wrote:

> [snip]
>
> I like this. I'm a little worried about "Press", "News" and "Download" not
> being top-level, but I guess they're prime candidates for "quick links". Hm.
> Not bad at all. I have a better gut feeling about this structure than my
> proposal, but I'd like to think about it a little to see if it can be
> improved further.

This is quite a bit closer to a purely topical heirarchy,
with action items (verbs) relegated to leaf nodes (except
for quick links/in-line links). I would suggest further
modifying the heirarchy by:

- Moving the roadmap under the 'About' category

- Creating 'GTK' and 'Gnome Desktop' sub headings under
'Software'

- Moving the 'Development' category under 'Software'

- Moving 'Projects' under either 'Software' or 'Community'

This would leave us with four top level categories of
content:

* About GNOME

* GNOME Community

* GNOME Foundation

* GNOME Software

Which should be all encompassing, and fairly clear as to
where to look to find what you want. With only four top
level categories, these can be represented by a row of
buttons across the top, and second and third level
navigation can be accomplished with a right- or left-handed
vertical bar.

HTH,

Michael Bernstein