Re: GNOME colors

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 07:38:41PM -0500, digitect wrote:
> >
> > Anyone else care to chime in with opinions of colors? Joakim and I have been
> > preaching at each other for quite a few exchanges but I hope we haven't scared
> > everybody else off. I'll try to keep it down a little until next weekend.
>
> I have a hard time visualizing what the site will look like
> without seeing a full mockup.  :-(

I think this is what is holding back most other people on the list as well....
digitect has a decent mockup of some color ideas already.....maybe he can spend
a little time working on it to add in his color suggestions?

In a couple days I'll try and do the same, as time allows.

> I will suggest that we might want different color schemes on
> different parts of the site.  For example, the murky brown
> color might be a good starting point for the development portion
> of the site, while happier brighter colors might be better for
> providing info to users.  Just a thought.   I definately think
> that GNotices should have a unique look and a branding of it's
> own, as well as "fit in".

I think a good idea is what digitect mentioned earlier: establishing a set of
colors to work with, and then have each subsite be a different arrangement of
those colors.  It would let each section have its own identity, while being
easily associated with the gnome.org umbrella.  That gives us a lot of leeway
for each section. Some common elements (like text) should be consistent
throughout, of course.

    --Ryan