Re: Gnome-VFS depending on bonobo

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 00:31, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Chipzz">
>
> > > Yes. The existance of such builds (as e.g. packages for some distro)
> > > would immediately break gnome on the machine it was installed on,
> > > resulting in strange bug reports.
> >
> > I think the whole point of the orginal poster was that he wanted to build
> > a smaller version of gnome-vfs himself for platforms for which packages
> > didn't exist.
>
> Metacity has similarly dangerous options, but anyone building it for a
> desktop system ignores them. Would it be useful to have 'embedded' or
> 'non-GNOME' options in gnome-vfs? Sounds like it's attractive to some
> people; and it may bring in more users. :-)

You make it sound like there would only be a --do-what-i-want option.
I'm sure people would want do disable different things, or partially
disable things and use replacements for some other gnome technology etc.
Sounds like a maintainance headache with no gain for the gnome project.

He's an immortal Republican cyborg on a mission from God. She's a provocative
extravagent nun with a birthmark shaped like Liberty's torch. They fight
crime!