Determinign XML type

[Please CC replies to cactus cactus rulez org]

Hi,

I'm using the GNOME1 version of gnome_vfs_get_mime_type, but it gives too
broad results. If I use gnome_vfs_mime_type_from_name, I get the correct
file type as specified in my application's .mime file. However, when using
gnome_vfs_get_mime_type with a file: URI, it returns "text/xml". The
file is, indeed, an XML file, but I'd like to get the more specific MIME
type of "application/x-guikachu", which is what I defined in the .mime
file.
So what should I do to discriminate between XML files in general, and my
own format? (short of accepting all text/xml files and looking at the root
XML node's name:)

Bye,
	Gergo

--