Re: Gnome-VFS depending on bonobo

<quote who="Chipzz">

> > Yes. The existance of such builds (as e.g. packages for some distro)
> > would immediately break gnome on the machine it was installed on,
> > resulting in strange bug reports.
>
> I think the whole point of the orginal poster was that he wanted to build
> a smaller version of gnome-vfs himself for platforms for which packages
> didn't exist.

Metacity has similarly dangerous options, but anyone building it for a
desktop system ignores them. Would it be useful to have 'embedded' or
'non-GNOME' options in gnome-vfs? Sounds like it's attractive to some
people; and it may bring in more users. :-)

- Jeff

   "There are men with an appetite for fight and a sense of occasion, and
                  then there is Waugh." - SMH, about Steve