startup notification in the mime data

I want to add startup notification to nautilus, such that if you click on
a document, and the handler for that document supports startup
notification you get it. However, when i do the mimetype -> application
mapping I don't get knowledge about whether the app supports startup
notification.

It seems we might have to either add this to our mime system and
databases, or somehow have the mime system being able to give you the
desktop file for the app.

Opinions?

He's a lounge-singing coffee-fuelled vagrant for the 21st century. She's a
supernatural goth college professor with only herself to blame. They fight
crime!