Re: gnome-vfs-sftp 0.1.2

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 10:07, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> If i type sftp://localhost/ i get the warning:
>
> ** (nautilus:11780): WARNING **: in nautilus-applicable-views.c, got
> unhandled GnomeVFSResult 6 (I/O error). If this is a legitimate
> get_file_info result, please tell sullivan eazel com so he can write a
> decent user-level error message for it.
>
> Maybe we can pick a better vfs result messsage for this failure.
>
> The cause seem to be:
> # sftp localhost
> Connecting to localhost...
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
> @    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
> IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
> Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
> It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
> The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
> 51:69:bb:26:97:d7:e4:99:de:75:97:f9:f6:54:39:69.
> Please contact your system administrator.
> Add correct host key in /home/alex/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
> Offending key in /home/alex/.ssh/known_hosts:11
> RSA host key for localhost has changed and you have requested strict checking.
> Host key verification failed.
> Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer

Ah, ok. I see now. You are right about that -- I had not checked that
case.

> If i type sftp://192.168.0.10/ (my machine, which has no keys set up) I
> get a password prompt on the terminal I started nautilus on. I have to
> press enter three times on it to get the error message.

Hmmm... I could pass -oNumberofPasswordPrompts=1 so that the dialog only
comes up one time before giving up. Of course, that means the program is
less forgiving of input error, but I guess that is reasonable in this
case.

> > With the resolution of this issue, I think I will put out 0.1.3 unless
> > there are other pending problems. What are your thoughts on including
> > this in gnome-vfs?
>
> I think its time to add this to gnome-vfs, although we probably want to
> branch off gnome-2-2 first and keep the new stuff on the 2.3 branch.

Ah, excellent. I will make the above-mentioned updates as soon as I can.
Thanks.

--
Bradford Hovinen              http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bghovinen/
School of Computer Science    Email:  bghovinen math uwaterloo ca