Re: startup notification in the mime data

Hi dudie,

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 15:58, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I want to add startup notification to nautilus, such that if you click on
> a document, and the handler for that document supports startup
> notification you get it. However, when i do the mimetype -> application
> mapping I don't get knowledge about whether the app supports startup
> notification.

	I imagine all of this information needs structuring in a pleasant,
extensible, scalable and standard way in the future, but for now the
only real choice is to expand the set of application attributes in
gnome-vfs.applications - surely ?

	Of course - whatever happens in future, I really hope that it doesn't
involve reading / parsing hundreds of scattered .desktop files from
disk, with the concomitant insuperable seek time penalty.

	Regards,

		Michael.