Re: adding new info to GnomeVFSFileInfo

Le jeu 10/10/2002 à 12:37, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> Hi Christophe,
>
> On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 09:20, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > I thought a little more to that, and I'm really not comfortable with the
> > way user can prevent gnome_vfs_get_file_info from doing expensive work
> > when it's not needed.
>
> 	Why ? ;-) it's obviously the best thing to do.

What I meant was "Imo, the current API to prevent expensive operations
is suboptimal and not very natural". Obviously it's a good thing to be
able to prevent unneeded slow operations to happen :)

> 	Yep; adding GET_ACCESS_RIGHTS is prolly best.

I have added it to gnome-vfs-file-info and modified the file method to
honour it. I'd like to also honour this flag in the ssh-method (otoh,
this method doesn't take into account the GET_MIME_TYPE flag, so maybe I
won't implement it and file a bug instead to implement it one day).
Patch coming soon (I hope :)

Christophe