Re: adding new info to GnomeVFSFileInfo

Hi

>        if (options & GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_GET_MIME_TYPE)
>
> 	So we avoid doing 3 (potential synchronous network round-trip) access
> calls, per operation.

I don't understand exactly what this flag is for. Is it used to indicate
that an app wants "extended" info about a file ?

> 	No idea; what's there is fine for the moment; who is using this
> information ? where is this information being used incidentally ?

Atm it is not used, but two app developpers more or less complained
about that (gedit to check if a file is read only, and rhythmbox because
it couldn't test if a directory is readable before adding it to its
library). So I think it looks like something worth adding.

> 	If you add an options mask / guard around those ops, it looks fine to
> commit to me.

I'm a little concerned about the way I extended the enum starting after
bit 16. Is it possible that some C compiler pack the old enum in a word,
and will have to use a 32bit int instead, thus breaking abi compat ?

Christophe