Re: Ideas Linux World Expo 2007

Michael,
On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 19:16 +0100, Michael Wood wrote:
> One of the ideas I think would be good is to create a GNOME
> vs/comparison poster with other desktop environments (ie. KDE) as we
> always get asked what is the difference between GNOME and KDE and why
> choose one of the other.
I'd be more interested in establishing workflows.  Answering questions
such as
1) I have a digital camera, how does GNOME help me? (we can answer this
one easily)
2) How does GNOME allow me to communicate and share with my friends who
may be running GNOME, KDE, Windows or OSX?

And maybe even more business level ideas.
a) How does GNOME help my SOHO?  (Alex I'm looking at bongo-project :)
b) How does GNOME integrate with our corporate business
intelligence/email/active directory solution?

I think answering these questions for "customers" would be more
constructive than answering more development centric questions such as
"What is GTK+?".

--
Aidan