Ideas Linux World Expo 2007

Hey,

Just wondering if we're registered with the .org village as an exhibitor
[1]? Linux world expo is on the 23rd to the 24th of October at Olympia 2
in London. [topic should be a new thread]

I've also been thinking about ideas on what we can do at this years expo
(if we are going).

One of the ideas I think would be good is to create a GNOME
vs/comparison poster with other desktop environments (ie. KDE) as we
always get asked what is the difference between GNOME and KDE and why
choose one of the other. I'm not saying we should start a flame war (as
much fun as it would be) but there are a lot of facts that could be put
up so that people can better make their own judgement.

Like this  [2] but a bit more like this:

Toolkit

GNOME: GTK+ is written in C and licensed under the GNU LGPL .Bindings
available for  C++, Perl, Ruby, Java and Python, Ada, D, Haskell,
Pascal, PHP, Pike, Tcl and all .NET programming languages. GTK is
developed and owned by the GNOME foundation

KDE: Qt® is written in non-standard C++ and licensed under the GNU GPL,
Proprietary licence and Trolltech plc's QPL licence (non-
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software_license>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_Public_License>copyleft free software
license). Bindings available for Python, Ruby, PHP , Pascal, C#, Perl
and Java. QT is developed and owned by Trolltech plc.

Then we could have a comment's box like "We think that a truely free
toolkit is important - GTK+"

Good idea ? bad idea ?

[1] http://www.linuxexpo.org.uk/
[2]