Re: Ideas Linux World Expo 2007

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 23:08:40 +0100
Aidan Delaney <aidan delaney gmail com> wrote:

[...]
> And maybe even more business level ideas.
> a) How does GNOME help my SOHO?  (Alex I'm looking at bongo-project :)
> b) How does GNOME integrate with our corporate business
> intelligence/email/active directory solution?
>
> I think answering these questions for "customers" would be more
> constructive than answering more development centric questions such as
> "What is GTK+?".

I think it depends who you're talking to. For Linux World, I think the
majority of people visiting are from SMEs looking to learn how "Linux"
can help them. For this case the business level ideas you mentioned
would be spot on and well worth even making some fliers about. There is
also a small developer audience at Linux World, indeed some of the
visitors are likely to be developers visiting on behalf of their
employers, so it would probably be beneficial to have some technical
information available too.

Another idea: it is GNOME's 10th birthday this year. Perhaps we could
get a banner and some balloons to celebrate :-)

-Thomas