Re: OpenGEU 9.04 Luna Crescente pixmap GTk themes

2009/4/15 Thomas Wood <thos gnome org>
On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 11:13 +0200, Luca De Marini wrote:
> 2009/4/15 Robert Staudinger <robert staudinger gmail com>
>         On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Luca De Marini
>         <luca darkmaster gmail com> wrote:
>         > Hi again, isn't really anyone interested / able in creating
>         these themes?
>         > I cannot believe no one whishes to help..
>
>         What do the mockups look like?
>
> Hallo Robert, here are the mockups:
>
> http://opengeu.intilinux.com/themes/Morning%20breeze%20Bacada.jpg
> http://opengeu.intilinux.com/themes/Midnight%20lights%20Bacada.jpg
>
> Keep in mind that these are just mockups. I already know that some
> things like the "centered menu" are impossible in GTK. What's
> important is that the GTK themes can look as closer as possible to the
> E17 themes. So, these pixmap themes should look as close as possible
> to teh mockups: metacity is not needed.

I suggest you look at some existing pixmap themes and learn how they are
made. Apart from the centered menus, everything looks possible with a
pixmap theme from the mockups. There is more information about creating
GTK+ themes here: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/Tutorials/GtkThemes

Some socumentation for the pixbuf engine is available here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/Tutorials/GtkEngines/PixmapEngine

I'm seeing what I can do about it, am looking at the documentation, but I cannot do everything by myself. OpenGEU is, as the name suggests, opensource. So, even if I'm the project leader and foundator, I am not a coder or a gtk themes expert.. it's sad to see that if the project needs something as simple as a GTK theme, I have to do it myself and nobody shows up to help. While, sometimes, to code entire new softwares, I do find people helping... well, thanks for you answer aniway.

Greets,

Luca