Re: help with gtk theme

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 12:44 +0100, Ace2016 wrote:
> Changing base[normal] in the text_entry section is causing extra
> problems, there is now a border in entry boxes on white backgrounds
> like in firefox, can i make the background transparent? perhaps
> through the use of an image?
>
> http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29cf4.png
>

> Also is there any way to leave a gap between the start of
> text_entry.png and the place where the text starts?

Please have a look at
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/Tutorials/GtkThemes/GtkEntry
and then ask specific questions based on this. There is *no* way of
getting a transparent border around an entry, where the background of
the window shines trough. This is a limitation in GTK+, and you need to
live with it currently.

With regard to the firefox problem, I am aware of the issue, but there
is no work-around. You will notice that the same thing will happen in
Clearlooks too.

Benjamin