Re: Status on improving the icon theme

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 17:20, Andrew Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 09:35, Mark Finlay wrote:
> > As well as that I have a strong interest in the desktop and nautilus
> > so my list is:
> > 1. Home icon that isn't a picture of a house
>
> What kind of icon do you think we should have then? In general the house
> icon I would think is preferable because it is understood what it refers
> to. Offhand I cannot think of anything else which would be easily seen
> and understood as "home", excepting other buildings/tents etc, which
> look essentially the same anyway.

The main idea was to have something visually like default folder +
gtk_stock_home as emblem. So you can see that:
      * it's a folder
      * it's a special folder

Personally I think we should manage it as ~/Desktop in nautilus_HEAD (I
mean add an HOME emblem and manage in via nautilus code), alternatively
we can use current gnome-fs-home.png, but we need to create icons at
different sizes (at least 72x72 if someone stretch home launcher).

--
Think bigger

			My uncle