Re: Status on improving the icon theme

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 09:35, Mark Finlay wrote:
> As well as that I have a strong interest in the desktop and nautilus
> so my list is:
> 1. Home icon that isn't a picture of a house

What kind of icon do you think we should have then? In general the house
icon I would think is preferable because it is understood what it refers
to. Offhand I cannot think of anything else which would be easily seen
and understood as "home", excepting other buildings/tents etc, which
look essentially the same anyway.

> 2. Better trash icon
> 3. Better icons for mounted filesystems/devices (like cameras and
> 	partitions)

agreed.

> 4. Imporoved Folder icons.
>
> My idea for the folder icons is to use the directory-accept (the icon
> used when you drag something onto a directory) as the directory
> icon, and then do a new directory-accept icon with the folder even
> wider open. Jimmac agrees with me that this would look better and
> is even willing to do up the new folder icons needed. But I'd
> love to get people's reactions to that before we go ahead with it.

I think this is very good idea, go for it. :)

Andrew