GSoC 2016 Introduction Mail

Hi everyone, my name is Alexandru Pandelea and I’m a second year student at “Politehnica” University of Bucharest pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.

My project for this summer is providing a way to easily batch rename files in Nautilus under the mentorship of Carlos Soriano. This feature is needed as until now you could either do that file by file or with a third party batch rename tool, both taking too much time to complete. Therefore, a user would certainly prefer to do that directly with a nice and intuitive UI.

You can reach me either on mail or on IRC (my nick is alexp). I also have a blog [0] where I'll post updates about my work on the project.

Congrats to everyone and have fun!

Cheers,

Alexandru Pandelea

[0] https://alexandrupandelea.wordpress.com/