Re: [gsoc] Idea

Hi Nikolay,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 09:53:55PM +0300, osa.cool.ru wrote:
> Idea
> I have no totally formalized idea. But I try to explain it.
> File-transfer window is good, but not the ideal now. Because when we
> copy/move/delete files in more than one tasks it tries to transfer all
> files in parallel. It slowdown transferring(for example reading from DVD
> in multiple threads is not fast). Idea is
> 1) add "pause/resume" button
> 2) add "queue" button (it like first, but with automatic resuming and
> pausing) and "up" and "down" button
> 3) add automatic sheduling to get best performance! It can be
> implemented as network flows(graph theory).

This seems similar to the Mathusalem project, see
http://live.gnome.org/Mathusalem which was started as part of GSoC 2006.
I'd recommand getting in touch with Stève Frécinaux or Salomon Sickert (who
did a related summer of code in 2010). However, be aware that this area
seems to already have had its share of SoCs :-/

Thanks,

Christophe