Re: [weekly report] week 7: Music sharing in Banshee using Telepathy [banshee-soc]

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Neil Loknath<neil loknath gmail com> wrote:
> File transfer work has made some good progress. To see the work in
> action, take a peek at my Week 7 Demo video on YouTube:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCyaS-pUZa4
>
> It has been a little more work than I had anticipated, but the extra
> work is definitely paying off. I have managed to nicely integrate the
> transfer(s) progress and give easy access cancel options on an all
> downloads and per download basis.
>
> There are some things that need work, however. I am not entirely happy
> with some of the internals, (mostly with the event reporting bytes
> received) so I'll be making some small tweaks here and there. No
> biggie. The Telepathy FileTransfer channel is actually working quite
> well. Also, I need to give the user some visual feedback of what
> file(s) are in progress, queued, etc. So, this week, I'll be working
> on that. Some other minor bugs/suggestions have come up in testing, so
> I'll also be trying to fix those as well.
>
> That's all for this week. It's been an awesome first half of GSoC.

That looks pretty good.  Because your method uses the Telepathy
FileTransfer API, is there a chance that at some point in the future
Rhythmbox could get a compatible sharing plugin (i.e. the protocol
isn't Banshee specific or could be generalized)?

Cheers,

Adam