Re: Weekly Update:LLMNR Protocol Integration in Avahi.

Hi,

Last week was progressive but not that much I initially was expecting. However things have been finalized and I have started implementing them.

1. I started with building up data structures as I mentioned in my previous update. I was done with them by Wednesday but getting them finalized took some time.
2. Since mDNS and LLMNR both are based on standard DNS queries and mDNS has already been implemented so whatever changes were needed in existing code to process LLMNR packets, I've made them. LLMNR sockets and packets are ready.
3. Next task was to make a query object for LLMNR queries. mDNS querier object is already present and logically it's good to use much of the existing code, I was initially trying to use that object for LLMNR queries also but, mDNS query is like ongoing process, once it has been made we keep on extending the gap between further queries (max 1hr) for the same key whereas in LLMNR a single query object maximum lives for 3 seconds. Due to some more differences, I finally decided to write a separate querier object for LLMNR. (which I'm writing now)
4. Response-object/dispatcher/handling query packet/response packet are the things to implement after this. Though I didn't code much last week but I'm happy that I've started implementing (which is a good move for me) and have that much amount of work which would be sufficient to keep me busy in coming week. :)

and yes, Sunday we had a gsoc-meetup here, Arun Tejasvi Chaganty (Integrating Vim with Anjuta) was also there. It was nice to see him along with other gsoc students. :)
Good luck to others! Have a great week!

--
Sunil Ghai