Re: Google Reader Integration with Liferea: Week ending June 9th, report

Done some super work.

* cleaned up lot of the code, split different components into
different files, all the URLs of google reader API documented in the
header files.

* marking read and unread works *almost* fine (it doesn't work when
the shared item is a URL instead of a feed's post) when viewing
"Shared Items" under the Google Source node. (If you didn't understand
this, don't worry: it's just nice jargon to make sure I don't get
kicked out of GSoC :D )

Now here's the real cool thingy, it's not committed in, because
there's some work left: Till now all offline readers will update all
feeds say every one hour. It's real bandwidth intensive. I wiresharked
Google Reader, and found out a nice API to get a list of all updated
feeds: which means with one request I can find out exactly which feeds
need updating! I've got a lot of code done for this, but it turned out
to be nastier to code than I expected, it'll be done by tomorrow.
Apart from saving bandwidth, this also means that I can afford to
check for updates every 10 minutes (say), instead of one hour.
Efficient feed updating was one of my main design goals when I came up
with this project idea.

By wiresharking, and experimenting, I also found some other cool API.
For example till few days back I didn't know how to retrieve more than
20 posts of a feed. I do see a need for this, but I don't think it
will be high on my priority.

What else have I been upto? I watched lots of movies (I watched The
Matrix completely for the first time!) and listened to lots of music
(http://www.last.fm/user/arnstein87), played lots of Typespeed.

--Arnold