Re: Week 10 progress report

Remember to hit reply all, you left out the lists.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Zhang Shunchang <freebsd13 gmail com> wrote:
> Fisrt, thanks for your reply in time!
> On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 23:28 -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Zhang Shunchang <freebsd13 gmail com> wrote:
>> > This week i have studied the gmime and intoduced this lib into my
>> > projects at last, which is used to parse the MimeMultipartSigned message
>> > and get the PGP/GPG Key. And then import the keys into the local chain,
>> > i used the Seahorse DisplayNotification() DBus API at
>> > org.gnome.seahorse.KeyService to notify the key imported. there is a
>> > snapshot in my blog:)
>>
>> If you're using the ImportKeys method to import any keys you have
>> found, you should get the notification for free without having to call
>> DisplayNotification.  If not than it's a bug and please report it in
>> Bugzilla.
>>
> yeah, i did intended to use DiscoverKeys to do that(because i can only
> get the rawkeyid from the libgmime), but it didn't work properly.:( So i
> use the 'gpg --recev-key KEYID' and DisplayNotification() directly, it
> works well, though very ugly.

Could you please outline your process a little?  It's unclear to me
what you're using gmime for (this may just be my ignorance of
gmime/evolution talking).

>> > The next week i will try to introduce the gnome-kering into my
>> > project(maybe far away from my original application's goal ? --
>> > integration of the Seahorse), and use it to manage the certificates,
>> > mainly about the UI design.
>>
>> Eventually, this will probably make it into the DBus interface and
>> libcryptui to prevent the developer using certificates to have to
>> delve too deep into the gnome-keyring internals, but as you can tell
>> from Stef's recent mail to d-d-l [1] it's not in yet and certificates
>> in seahorse are still experimental.
>>
> i am looking forward to see the DBus interface in libcryptui.  According
> to my application(Make Evolution use Seahorse widgets for encryption and
> key selection), the project is done. But from the first letter of my
> mentor, i should implement the certs management part too. Can you give
> me some suggestion on this 'Summer Code' project?
> thanks.

That's really more of a Stef question because I haven't delved into
the certificate portions of gnome-keyring or seahorse yet.

Cheers,

Adam