Re: Progress Report - Evolution - 2007/25

Hi Tobias,

Le lundi 18 juin 2007, à 20:10 +0200, Tobias Mueller a écrit :
> Hi folks :)
>
> This week I fought against automake and it's friends again. I wanted to
> use a debugger and watch the control flow, but I didn't succeed yet.
> First I didn't know, how to compile source code so that its debuggable.
> So I asked my mentor and he told me to read gcc's man page. After
> finishing over 10k Lines, I knew, that I have to give "-g3" to the
> compiler. But that didn't push me forward since "make" builds evolution.
> Somehow I found that I can either provide the CFLAGS environment
> variable (which is not documented in the gcc manpage) or give
> CFLAGS="foo bar" as an argument to autogen which creates corresponding
> Makefiles.

Are you using jhbuild or garnome to compile things? If you're using
jhbuild, you can put this in your .jhbuildrc:
  os.environ['CFLAGS'] = '-g -O0'

[...]

> Devhelp would be another option, but on my machine it doesn't work I
> guess or I just don't have the proper packages installed.

If you're on a Debian-based system, you usually need to install the -dev
packages for each library.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.