Re: this if for the ubuntu guys (cheese)

On Mi, 2007-07-04 at 12:38 +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> В Птн, 08/08/2008 в 21:47 +0200, daniel g. siegel пишет:
> > >
> > > [snip]

> > > This all sound funny until you don't provide i18n support for glade
> > > files, gconf schemas. Try to setup gnome-doc-utils based help with your
> > > toc2
> >
> > i18n is there, glade works too and for the moment i dont have either
> > documentation nor gconf schemas.
> > >
> > > If you really need autotools help you can just ask. Probably there is
> > > sense just to copypaste everything from existing sources.
> > >
> > hey, just understand me a bit: my task is to create that photobooth like
> > app and not choosing/creating/... a build system. i want to have
> > something, which with i can work fast, which is easily modifyable and so
> > on as i often change things in the build-behaviour of cheese. if cheese
> > should be included in gnome, we can of course talk again about that. but
> > at the moment i only need something which works, and toc2 does that ;)
> >

> wget http://nshmyrev.narod.ru/temp/cheese-0.1.3.tar.gz
>
> will download you an automake port of cheese. Improvements in this
> version:
>
> 1. Version in .desktop file
> 2. Translatable .desktop file
> 3. Updates icon cache after icons install
> 4. Takes list from LINGUAS
> 5. distcheck passes
>
> and many more.

hi!

i really appreciate your work! really! but at the moment i want to
engage more on cheese itself than on the build system. toc2 works at the
moment quite as autotools, so this task has low priority for me.. im
sorry, and i want to close this discussion for now. we will talk again
about it, if cheese should be integrated in gnome.

thanks!

daniel

--
this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gmail com>