Re: this if for the ubuntu guys (cheese)

On Mo, 2007-07-02 at 11:53 +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> В Вск, 01/07/2007 в 13:45 +0200, daniel g. siegel пишет:
> > hi there!
>
> [snip]
>
> > => note to the build system
> > yes, i can hear it already.. "why didnt you choose autotools?? its a
> > standard!". yeah, i think we all know about those standards, be it a
> > build system or a document format. i played with autotools for about two
> > weeks. two weeks of no coding, no new features, as i was trying to
> > understand the gnu "auto, my ass" tools. the only thing i find was
> > problems and things were just harder to do. this changed when i found
> > the toc2 build system [2]. its really easy to maintain your project with
> > this thing. now you might say: "hey, but i have to learn how to use it
> > first! kinda silly?" and "but i have to install that first?" ehm no, as
> > you will find your configure file and makefile and the only thing you
> > have to do is a ./configure && make && make install as usual. this is
> > because toc lives in the source try, quite like autotools, but not
> > fully, as no global installation is needed. pretty cool, isnt it? have a
> > look at the toc2 homepage [2] for further informations.
>
> This all sound funny until you don't provide i18n support for glade
> files, gconf schemas. Try to setup gnome-doc-utils based help with your
> toc2

i18n is there, glade works too and for the moment i dont have either
documentation nor gconf schemas.

> If you really need autotools help you can just ask. Probably there is
> sense just to copypaste everything from existing sources.

hey, just understand me a bit: my task is to create that photobooth like
app and not choosing/creating/... a build system. i want to have
something, which with i can work fast, which is easily modifyable and so
on as i often change things in the build-behaviour of cheese. if cheese
should be included in gnome, we can of course talk again about that. but
at the moment i only need something which works, and toc2 does that ;)

daniel

--
this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gmail com>